Because Ingrid is beautiful, talented, and worked so hard, our wedding was spectacular. We already knew this, but it’s so great to get affirmation from the folks at Modernly Wed, who gave us a lovely writeup!
On October 27th, with the help of dozens of our friends and family, we go married!
To celebrate, we drove across southwest Colorado. Click below to see all the photos.
This is where you can offer them advice, well-wishes, and admonitions. We're going to read some of these during the ceremony.
Take Cesar Chavez (called 1st Street west of Congress) to Chicon Street. Take a right on Chicon. Take a left on Jesse E. Segovia Street. Location will be on the right, 2101 Jesse E. Segovia St, Austin, TX 78702.
Last Minute Planning!
Click here to book a room at the downtown Marriott at our discounted rate.
There’s also a block at the Driskill. Call them at 512-474-5911 and just tell them you’re booking under the Powell/Hellekson wedding block.
Posted by Wunderkammerin
Hello! We’re arranging blocks of hotels for guests from out of town – and there are quite a few of you. There are a lot of great options, and we can’t seem to make up our mind… so we’re letting you choose!
If you have any that really grab you, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page. If you found a place we haven’t mentioned, throw that in the comments, too!
These will all be about 20 minutes from the venue. We’re arranging transportation, so don’t worry about that.
- Stephen F Austin Intercontinental. Right by the Capitol on Congress, plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. The bar is very nice.
- The Driskill. A piece of classic Austin. LBJ used to hang out here. If you like cow skin and taxidermy, this is your joint. The rooms are smaller, but it’s right on 6th Street, or “the Dirty 6th”.
- Marriott Courtyard Downtown. This is where Gunnar stayed when he came to Austin before Ingrid. It’s just off 6th Street, by the Convention Center.
- Four Seasons. Upscale and crazy, but you can see the bats emerge from Congress Bridge.
- W Austin. Gunnar keeps trying to get a drink in this bar. This is where the bands stay when they’re playing Austin City Limits, which is right next door. It’s in the 2nd Street neighborhood, which is where Gunnar and Ingrid spend a lot of time.
- Austin Hyatt. Right across the river from downtown, great base camp for the South Congress retail strip. Superfun pool.
- Hotel San Jose. Holy crap, this is a great hotel. Ingrid and Gunnar love it, but there is no way we’re getting a block here.
Close to the Venue